Many countries in the world are not afforded the luxury or convenience of clean, safe drinking water, which means that if you’re traveling for many months or backpacking like I do; the cost of water and beverages can quickly add up. If you’re a budget traveler like I am this becomes an unnecessary re-occurring expense that can be avoided with a one time purchase of a Water Purification Pen.
I’ve tried water tablets and several other methods over my years of travel, but the new SteriPen Ultra, UV Water Purifying System is what I have been using since I began traveling in 2016 and it paid for itself in less than 2 months and has now saved me hundreds of dollars on water costs.
The pen utilizes UV light rays to safely sterilize clear water and is great for camping, treking, backpacking, and travel with up to 8000 uses and 40 treatments per charge. That makes this pen great for backpackers like myself who don’t always have access to an electrical connection when on week long jungle treks or excursions. If you’re the average backpacker drinking 2 to 3 liters of water a day you can expect to pay no less than $1 – 2 USD per day for clean and safe drinking water in most countries. This made my return on investment for this SteriPEN pay for itself within my first 2 months of traveling, taking into consideration that sometimes I didn’t only drinking water and hydrated through juices, soft drinks, and teas. I anticipate this pen to last for its full 8000 uses and have used it over 700 times with zero problems with its charge or efficiency, making this one of the biggest money saving tools in my travels.
If you’re considering long term backpacking in countries without safe drinking water free from the tap, then I’d suggest you check out this product and add it to your packing list!
- Ultraviolet (UV-C) light rays safely sterilize clear water by destroying 99.99% of protozoa, bacteria and even viruses
- Purifies 16 Ounce of water (cold or warm) in less than a minute; Can be used up to 8,000 times; You’ll get about 40 treatments per charge
- Fits perfectly into store-bought bottles of water; just insert the Ultra into the bottle, flip the bottle upside down and start treating the water
- Use only on clear water, as cloudy, sediment-laden water hinders effectiveness; Fits-All pre-filter (sold separately) clears debris from water
- Includes SteriPEN Ultra water purifier, USB cable, carrying case and instruction manuals